What is Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP)?
With the help of a drawing in the form of very small dots - the technique of pointilism can create the illusion of short shaved hair (for men with a shaved head), as well as the illusion of more frequently growing hair, where the hair has become thinner and thinner (suitable for men and women). Exclusive equipment, needles and pigments make it possible to achieve lasting results and avoid dripping and uneven application. The end result is beautiful and natural.
What is an SMP (hair tattoo) and what does it solve?
- Baldness in men - Androgenic hair loss
- After hair follicle transplantation
- Scarf camouflage
- Fill in the blanks or give a thicker hair look
- After hair loss in women, also diffuse hair loss
Questions about procedure and options
Duration of the procedure?
The treatment will take about 2-4 hours in the first session, then about 2-3 hours in the second session. Some clients may request or request a third procedure to complete the treatment, and the session time is approximately 1 to 2.5 hours, depending on the amount of work involved.
How is trichopigmentation different from scalp tattooing?
Although some people consider scalp micropigmentation as a scalp tattoo, in reality it is quite different. First and foremost, it is the skill and experience of a specialist. The needle is inserted into the epidermis along with the pigment, the epidermis being one of the most controlled layers of the skin. This prevents any ink leakage. In addition, the needles used in this technique are disposable needles that are three-quarters smaller than any available tattoo needle.
Needle size, pain scale?
The needle used is a 3RL round liner used by tattoo artists and permanent make-up guns. All in all, this results in "real follicle hair" that looks just like hair.
The needle creates small, tiny dots - this technique is called pointilism. When looking at the tattooed skin carefully, it is not possible to distinguish the hair follicles from the pigmented point. There are exceptions when using the shading technique - whipshading.
How deeply pigmented?
Follicle-shaped needle implants enter the epidermis without reaching the dermis. The skin is made up of cross fibers that have a lumen in the cells. The lumen allows the ink to settle in the dermis and retain its size and shape.Lumen - point diameter.
Time between sessions?
For the second procedure, the recommendation is between 2-3 weeks. Each treatment package includes at least two treatments. This secondary procedure provides optimal results while allowing for minor hairline and color adjustments after the scalp has healed.
Does it work on people with fair skin and hair?
Definitely. The master can adjust the color pigment to exactly match the customer's individual hair color, whether it is blonde, brown, red or black.
What will I look like immediately after the procedures?
After treatment of the area, there is redness that lasts 2-10 hours, depending on the client's skin type. The original color of the pigment will appear darker than the healed result.
Does the pigment change color?
This procedure uses a specially developed ink - a pigment that is adapted to the micropigmentation of the scalp - it is not a tattoo ink. It is perfectly normal for the SMP to fade over time, but following the proper aftercare instructions can extend the life of the SMP.
What pigments are used in the procedure?
Pigments are selected according to the tattoo inks allowed on the market, currently regulated by EU Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006. 1907/2006 XVII since January 4, 2022.
Will my skin not look like one big piece of tattoo in the end?
Although it is a type of tattoo, the process and end result are vastly different from a regular tattoo. Both machinery and equipment are specially designed to create a natural end result.
Questions about scalp care before and after the procedure
It is recommended to eat before the procedure, as the duration of the procedure can be up to 4 hours. It is recommended not to drink caffeinated beverages before the procedure itself, but it is recommended to eat something sweet to maintain energy. The hair should be washed on the day before the procedure, but gels, oils or hair sprays should not be used. The day before you should not visit the solarium or burn your scalp in the sun, it will only increase the sensitivity.
How long does it take for a completely healed result?
Will I have a smooth shaved head effect?
"I want my hair to always look like it's just shaved. Will I have to do micropigmentation of my scalp to get that look? ” Such questions and the like are most common.
Do I have to shave my hair before the procedure?
Each case is different. I usually advise my clients not to shave 72 hours before the procedure so that I can find out where the client's existing and remaining hair is growing. It is important that I, as a specialist, can properly blend the color with your existing hair.
How long do I have to wait after the procedure to shave my hair again?
At least one week. Your scalp is still healing for at least one week after the first procedure.
If the scalp is very dry?
If you notice that the scalp is too dry, the master will recommend a moisturizing regimen, which should start a week after the procedure - most often they will be shampoos and conditioners with a moisturizing effect. One of the recommendations is shampoos Nioxin. Nioxin - a brand that focuses only on the whole scalp and hair. Products that have received many awards and gained widespread popularity around the world. Nioxin - hair care products that have received approval from the Latvian Association of Hairdressers.
Recommendations after the procedure:
Wetting of the scalp should be avoided for the first four days after the procedure. This includes both washing the areas to be treated and sweating in the treatment areas. When taking a shower, make sure that neither water nor shampoo reaches the scalp. Avoid activities that can cause excessive sweating, such as running, weightlifting, and excessive sun exposure. During the first four days, it is appropriate to do normal daily chores and household activities, as long as they do not cause sweating in the area to be treated. Of course, visits to the sauna, sauna and swimming pool are excluded. It is forbidden to scrape, tear scabs in the pigmented area.
Work involves a lot of exercise, how does sweating affect the healing process?
Although you cannot fully control sweating, we recommend that you wait at least four days before taking any action that causes light sweating, if possible. After 10 days, no sweating at all should affect your healing process.
After the procedure daily routine
The length of time the hair can be held after completing both procedures depends entirely on the client's individual hairstyle. With the combined approach, you can get more density and fullness without having to shave. In a few months or years, you may want to improve your results.
PERMANENTO MAKE UP & TATTOO PROCEDURES SHOULD NOT BE PERFORMED:
- During pregnancy and lactation.
- During a fever with a high temperature.
- In case of local dermatitis
- In case of diabetes (thin skin, tattoo may not heal)
- After surgery - wait at least a month.
- After a tattoo remover - wait at least 4 months.
- If there is a stage of scar stabilization, burns and inflammation.
- While taking antibiotics.
- After laser procedures - wait a year.
- In the stage of acute herpes virus
- If there are new blood vessels and tissues - warts, moles, etc.
- If you have non-coagulation, epilepsy, diabetes, severe asthma, HIV, predisposition to keloid scarring.
- If the skin is too thin, the area of the eyelids with clear blood vessels (the line between the lashes).
- It is prohibited to provide services to a consumer with visible signs of skin, hair or mucous membrane disease if the consumer does not present a doctor's certificate confirming that the disease is not contagious and the services may be received.
AFTER THE PROCEDURE AND DURING HEALING:
- Do not visit the sauna, bathhouse, swim in the pool, actively play sports - processes that cause sweating should be avoided.
- Do not tear off the scabs, it is forbidden to scrape and rub the treatment area.
- Avoid hot baths (bathing)
- Tight clothing should be avoided if it affects the tattoo area (including tights).
- The use of cosmetics in the treated area should be abandoned.
- Sunbathing and tanning beds should be avoided.
- Do not drink all alcoholic beverages and beverages below 38 degrees
- Regularly lubricate the flowers, greases, etc. recommended by the master.
- Very sharp, sour and salty foods should be avoided for at least 3-4 days.
- Give up very hot drinks for a few days.
- Continue prophylaxis of the herpes virus for another 3-4 days
- Do not use cosmetics on the lips (lipsticks, etc.)